Cobra is a new programming language, designed specifically with the independent games developer in mind. It combines an easy and intuitive language with a host of features and special effects that will allow you to rapidly create games that are easy to play and stunning to watch! Cobra is designed and tested by other users of RAD programming languages, so it is specifically geared to give indie developers the kind of language that they've been missing out on!
Stunning 2D Capabilities
The Pure2D library does not require 3D acceleration or run-time libraries to function, but allows effects that other languages have considered to be near-impossible!
- Fast real-time rotation, scaling and free-form transforming
- Fast alpha-blending and per-pixel alpha
- Alpha value of ARGB colour accepted on ALL drawing commands (including CLS, Rect, Line...)
- Over 30 blend modes for sprites (including Multiply, Add, SoftLight, Exclusion...)
- Super-fast pixel-writing for realtime fullscreen effects
- Built-in tile map engine for scrolling maps
- Palettes and 32-bit colour support
Great Sound/Music Support
- Tracker file support: MOD, XM, IT, S3M, OXM
- Sound support: WAV, MP3, OGG
The Cobra language compiles to Assembly and allows you to create separate modules for your programs. This not only allows you to link modules into more than one program, exporting procedures and variables between them, but also cuts down the compile time by only recompiling modules that are necessary. It also makes the language easy to expand on, by adding module files and module-compiled DLLs to the Cobra directory.
Cobra is easy to understand, and its commandset is so intuitive that many commands are overloaded to work as both functions and procedures. Take the PixelFast command, for example. If you use it as a procedure, you can set the colour of a pixel, if you use it as a function, it returns the colour of a pixel. Cobra also allows you to write your own procedures and functions in this same way.
And there's more...
Don't forget all the add-ons! As well as the great 2D commands and the easy language, Cobra comes with plenty more options to tickle your tonsils!
- Render AVI Movies and save with any codec on your machine
- Memfiles to let you load any resource from a memory location, for custom loading routines
- Type Lists with more than one list per type
- Built-in delta timing and frame limiter to run you game the same speed on any computer
- Multiple joystick support with multiple axes
Application Development is supported on Windows 2000 and Windows XP and Windows Vista. It can work on earlier OS versions, but is not supported.
Compiled applications should work on Win9x, and above when using the Pure2D (software renderer).